Where is dll for the reference to Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Toolkit?

Sep 25, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I downloaded the WP7 Design Templates 1444 and opened the solution.  There is an unsatisfied reference to Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Toolkit.  Also the "toolkit:" alias definition was missing in file context_menu.xaml.  I have the RTM WP7 Dev tools installed but I don't find the Toolkit namespace.

Thanks for the Design Templates!

+tom allen
Cupertino, CA

Sep 25, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Hi Tom,
You will need to download and install the Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit: http://silverlight.codeplex.com/releases/view/52297

Cheers,
Kirupa (MSFT) =)

Sep 26, 2010 at 6:09 AM

Thanks, Kirupa!

+tom

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Thanks Kirupa. I've added the link to the Documentation section.

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Thanks, Blender.

By the way, you might want to remove the source control bindings from the published project.  When I open it Visual Studio prompts me for a TFS login at CodePlex.

+tom allen

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Also, I had to remove the page context_menu.xaml to get the solution to build.  When the page is included I get these errors:

The property 'Content' does not exist on the type 'ContextMenu' in the XML namespace 'clr-namespace:WindowsPhone7UXGuide'.
and	
Property 'ContextMenu' does not support values of type 'ContextMenu'.	
The related xaml:
<ListBoxItem ContentTemplate="{StaticResource DoubleLineListTemplate}" HorizontalContentAlignment="Left" Margin="0,0,0,4">
	<toolkit:ContextMenuService.ContextMenu>
		<local:ContextMenu>
			<toolkit:MenuItem Header="Item 1"/>
			<toolkit:MenuItem Header="Item 2"/>
			<toolkit:MenuItem Header="Item 3"/>
			<toolkit:MenuItem Header="Item 4"/>
			<toolkit:MenuItem Header="Item 5"/>
		</local:ContextMenu>
	</toolkit:ContextMenuService.ContextMenu>
	<local:MultiLineItem Line1="Largest (5 items)" Line2="Press and hold to view"/>
</ListBoxItem>
and
xmlns:toolkit="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Phone.Controls;assembly=Microsoft.Phone.Controls.Toolkit" 
xmlns:local="clr-namespace:WindowsPhone7UXGuide"