What's in the project?
A project for sharing XAML based resources forThe Design Templates for WP7 project is a set of design templates created entirely in XAML using Expression Blend 4. The templates are based on the UI Design and Interaction Guide for Windows Phone 7.
What can I do with them?
With these templates you can easily create common Windows Phone UI layouts by simply copying and pasting the desired page. We’ve taken care of the margins, styling, and some controls that may not be available in the platform, so you can focus on the user experience of your application.
Let's get started!
**Please make sure to install the Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit (http://silverlight.codeplex.com/releases/view/52297) in order to run the project.
With Expression Blend, open the project and the WP7 Design Templates.xaml and MainPage.xaml pages should be opened by default. The WP7 Design Templates.xaml page displays all of the available templates in one page.
WP7 Design Templates.xaml page and MainPage.xaml
By running the project (F5), you can browse through all of the available templates via the Windows Phone 7 Emulator.
Creating a New Project
The following is a walkthrough example for creating a new Windows Phone Pivot Application and using one of the Design Templates.
1. Open a new instance of Expression Blend 4 and create a Windows Phone Pivot Application
2. Delete the default items in the PivotItem (highlighted below)
3. In the Design Templates for WP7 project, select the desired page layout to copy, in this case the push button, either in the Pages folder (Projects tab) or in the WP7 Design Templates.xaml page
4. Copy the button_push PivotItem ScrollViewer in the Object Tree (Objects and Timeline tab)
5. Return to your Windows Phone Pivot Application project and paste the ScrollViewer into your PivotItem
6. That’s it. Some templates will contain custom controls (i.e. "MultiLineItem") which need to be added to your new project before pasting it, or else you will receive an error message. These custom controls are found in the Controls folder in the Projects tab and can be copied and pasted anywhere in your new project’s Solution.
We hope you will find these useful and your feedback is always welcome. Enjoy!